Thursday, April 16, 2009

YOUR GIFTS

Everyone is fast asleep
I am awake so I do weep

Can see your shadows all around
Standing in the charnel ground

You blessed me with that deep insight
Staying awake throughout the night

Alertness and constant reckoning
Insomnia or the awakening?

Too much! No more can I weep
Like others I want to sleep

Haven’t got the insight, so,
Gifted, call me, they don’t know

These gifts are not quite what they seem
Throughout they burn and I scream

Of real, the gifts are just a trace
Your gifts remind me of your face

You are so far and I bleed for you
Just to reach you there all things I do

And if I can’t then make me sleep
Neither would see, nor would I weep

If ain’t allowed to cross these rifts
Who wants them? Take back your gifts

--Rishiraj

1 comment:

  1. heh madhuvan though the poem is good especially the rhyming pattern is amazzing...har emotion tumhare poem mein jhalakta hai...but please come out of the darkness...apne andhere kamre se niklo aur bahar ki roshni dekho... :)

    ReplyDelete